Healthy Spaghetti Bolognaise
October 11, 2017
: 10 min
: 40 min
: 50 min
A healthy Spaghetti Bolognaise with butter beans and other vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g sliced mushroom cups
- 500ml beef stock
- 1/2 can butter beans (200g)
- 500ml pasta sauce
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400g)
- 1 packet of spaghetti (500g)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 3/4 cup red wine (optional)
- Step 1 Heat olive oil in a large fry pan. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2 Add capsicum, mushroom, butter beans, pasta sauce, stock, crushed tomatoes and wine to fry pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3 Add 2 teaspoons of salt to a saucepan full of boiling water and cook spaghetti as per the packet instructions. Serve bolognaise together with spaghetti and topped with cheese.