Quick Steak Salad
October 19, 2017
: 5 min
: 23 min
: 25 min
This quick salad is delicious with porterhouse or other beef such as rump.
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 500gm porterhouse steak
- 1/2 a cos lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 100g grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 150g pitted olives
- Step 1 Cook meat in a fry pan over high heat for 2 minutes to seal. Reduce heat, turn and cook for 8 minutes or until liking. Leave to rest for 8 minutes.
- Step 2 Add red onion, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mini cucumber, and olives in a large bowl. Stir oil, white wine vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl to make the dressing, then add to the large bowl. Slice steak and add to the salad.
- Step 3 Toss, then serve.