Healthy Spaghetti Bolognaise
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Total: 50 mins
A healthy Spaghetti Bolognaise packed with butter beans and other vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 a red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g mushroom cups, sliced
- 500ml beef stock
- 200g butter beans (half a can)
- 500ml pasta sauce
- 400g crushed tomatoes (a can)
- 500g packet of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 3/4 cup red wine (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add capsicum, mushroom, butter beans, pasta sauce, stock, crushed tomatoes and wine to fry pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil a saucepan full of water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and cook spaghetti as per the packet instructions. Serve the bolognaise sauce on spaghetti and top with cheese.