A recipe for eggplant dip.
- 1 eggplant
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Heat an oven to 215°C. Meanwhile, line a baking pan with baking paper. Cut the eggplant in half vertically and using about a tablespoon of oil, using a plastic brush if you have one, brush the oil on to the cut side of the eggplant or simply use your fingers, then place the eggplant cut side down on the baking pan and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cloves from the garlic head, discarding the head and skin, then cut and discard the root end off the cloves and add the cloves to the tray with eggplant and return to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove baking pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Scrape the flesh from the eggplant into a bowl, discarding the skin. Add garlic cloves, remaining oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garam masala.
- Empty the contents of the bowl into a blender and process on medium setting for 30 seconds. Empty the dip from the blender into a bowl or container and refrigerate until cold, then serve, or cover and refrigerate and use the dip later.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 66
Keywords: homemade dip, eggplant dip, naan bread, crackers