Green Veggies Trio Breakfast
A recipe for a breakfast that is full of greens. Including brocollini, green beans and asparagus served on bread along with poached eggs, tahini dressing, a little hommus on the plate and a sprinkle of dukkah.
The creamy dressing comprising of hulled tahini, fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and garlic powder is delicious and goes well with the nutty spicy flavour of the dukkah that is sprinkled on the dressing at the end, resulting in a balanced flavour.
We are fairly new to using dukkah, but think it’s a bit of a magic powder after adding it to this dish. Dukkah is a nut and spice blend. Pistachios, sesame seeds, cumin, chicpeas, peanuts, coriander, mint and sea salt were all ingredients found in our dukkah and it brings a nutty spicy flavour to the dish.
A recipe for green veggies trio breakfast.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 100g green beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup hommus
- 1/2 tsp dukkah
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Start preparing the veggies by trimming a few centimetres off the asparagus. Hold one piece of asparagus on the the less green end and break the end off where it snaps naturally. Use that length as a guide for the other asparagus and cut the rest off the same length with a knife. Cut about 2 centimetres off the stem of the broccolini and both the very tips of the beans. Bring a saucepan half full of water to the boil, add all three veggies and boil for 3 minutes, then set them aside.
- To make the dressing, add tahini, 1/2 of the juice from a lemon, the maple syrup, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of warm water to a bowl and mix until combined, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic in a large frypan over a medium heat. Add asparagus, broccolini and green beans to the pan and stir often for 5 minutes or until the veggies start to brown.
- Poach the eggs by bringing a saucepan full of water to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, add vinegar and 2 teaspoons of salt. Crack each egg in to a cup or small bowl and slowly submerge the cup into the saucepan, being careful not to break the egg when releasing it into the water. Let cook for 5 minutes, then set poached eggs aside on paper towel.
- Put fresh or toasted bread onto plates. Add poached eggs on top of the bread and drizzle remaining 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on top. Then add vegetables to the plate and add dressing and salt and cracked pepper on top of the vegetables, then sprinkle dukkah on top. Add hommus to the plates on the side and a quarter piece of remaining lemon on each plate, then serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 563
Keywords: vegetable breakfast, vegan tahini dressing, tahini dressing, healthy vegetable breakfast, dukkah, duqqah