Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
A recipe for a nutritious and tasty Asian chicken noodle soup that has a lightly sweet and salty taste.
A recipe for Asian chicken noodle soup.
- 3 chicken thighs
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 440g thin egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a saucepan with 2 litres of water to the boil. Add chicken thighs, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make hard boiled eggs, place the 4 eggs in a seperate saucepan and cover with water and bring to the boil over a medium heat, then reduce heat and gentle boil for 8 minutes. Remove eggs and cool under cold running water until completely cool, then peel them and set aside.
- In a wok, heat oil over a low heat and add onion and garlic and cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove cooked chicken from the saucepan with water and set aside, then using a strainer, pour 1.5 litres of water from that saucepan into the wok. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt and pepper to the wok and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another medium sized saucepan, half fill with water and cook egg noodles for 2 minutes, or according to packet directions, then drain.
- Wash the spinach and bean sprouts, then divide into each bowl. Divide egg noodles in to each of the bowls. Coat the chicken evenly with the tablespoon of sesame oil, then cut into pieces and add to each of the bowls. Cut the eggs in half, then add 2 halves to each bowl, then pour the soup over the top of each bowl and serve while hot.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 740
Keywords: chicken soup, chicken noodle soup