Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 1 hour and 2 mins | Total: 1 hour and 17 mins
A nutritious and tasty recipe for Asian chicken noodle soup.
- 3 chicken thighs
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 440g thin egg noodles
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a saucepan with 10 cups of water to the boil. Add chicken thighs, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for hard boiled eggs, using another saucepan place the 4 eggs in and cover with water and on a medium high heat boil the water, then reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool eggs under cold running water until completely cool, then peel eggs and set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat oil over a medium to high heat and add onion and garlic and cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove cooked chicken from the saucepan with water and set aside, then using a strainer, pour 7 cups of the water from that saucepan into the saucepan with onion and garlic. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt and pepper to the water and bring the saucepan to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to the boil, then cook noodles, for 2 minutes or according to packet directions, then drain.
- Divide the spinach, bean sprouts and noodles into 4 bowls. Cut the chicken into pieces and also divide into the bowls. Halve the eggs and add 2 halves to each bowl, then pour the soup over the top of each bowl and serve.