Beef Stir-fry with Oyster Sauce
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total: 45 mins including marination
A recipe for Chinese beef stir-fry served with rice where the beef gains a strong flavour from marination for 10 minutes and along with the rice is accompanied with dark green vegetables, mushrooms and cashews.
- For marinate: 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- For stir-fry: 400g rump steak, thinly sliced into 5cm long strips
- 1.5 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 120g spinach leaves
- 6 spring onions, chopped coarsely
- 100g mushroom cups, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 75g roasted cashews
- 1 and 1/2 cups short or medium grain rice
- For marinate: Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon cornflour in a bowl. Add beef, mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
- For stir-fry: To cook the rice, rinse rice until water runs clear. Then heat rice in a saucepan with 1 and 3/4 cups of water over a high heat until boiling, then stir rice and turn heat down to low, put lid on and cook for 15 minutes. Let rice sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil and sesame oil in a wok, then add marinated beef and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and spring onion and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon cornflour with 3/4 cup of warm water, then add to the wok and bring wok to boil, add cashews and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Serve beef stir-fry with rice.