Beef Stir-fry with Oyster Sauce
March 28, 2019
(Updated September 4th, 2020)
This recipe for beef stir-fry with oyster sauce is a Chinese dish that gains a salty and sweet flavour from the quick 10 minute marination before it is cooked.
A stir-fry dish that has dark green vegetables, mushrooms and cashews and is accompanied with rice.
A recipe for beef stir-fry with oyster sauce.
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 400g rump steak, thinly sliced into 5cm long strips
- 1.5 cups medium grain rice
- 1.5 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 120g spinach leaves
- 6 spring onions, chopped coarsely
- 100g mushroom cups, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 75g roasted cashews
- To make the marinate, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon cornflour in a bowl. Add beef, mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
- To cook the rice, rinse rice until water runs clear. Then heat rice in a saucepan with 1 and 3/4 cups of water over a high heat until boiling, then stir rice and turn heat down to low, put lid on and cook for 15 minutes, then let rice sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil and sesame oil in a wok over a medium heat on a stove, then add marinated beef and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and spring onion and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- In a cup, mix 1/2 tablespoon cornflour with 3/4 cup of warm water, then add to the wok. Turn heat to high, bring wok to boil, then reduce heat to medium, add cashews and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Serve stir-fry with rice.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 631
Keywords: beef stir-fry, chinese beef stir-fry