Chicken Parmigiana with Salad
A recipe for homemade chicken Parmigiana with salad. The Parmigiana is first a schnitzel and then becomes a Parmigiana once baked with passata sauce and tasty cheese or mozzarella cheese on top.
The result is a delicious and iconic pub meal that you can do at home.
A recipe for chicken Parmigiana with salad.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup passata sauce
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cos lettuces, chopped
- 10 mini roma tomatoes, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 60g spinach leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts on an angle into 1cm thick slices. Beat the chicken with a tenderizer until chicken is flat and the same height. Spread salt and pepper on each side
- On a plate add flour, add eggs to a bowl, slightly beating them, then add breadcrumbs mixed with Italian herbs on another plate.
- Flip a piece of chicken on the plate with flour, covering it all in flour, then do the same with the bowl with egg, then cover it in breadcrumbs and Italian herbs by pressing it down on that plate. Repeat for all the chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium high heat, then in 2 batches cook half the chicken for 3 minutes on one side, then 3 – 4 minutes on the other side, or until browned. After cooking, place the schnitzels on a wire rack with paper towel on it for 2 minutes to absorb excess fat.
- Put the schnitzels on a baking tray, top with passata sauce, then tasty cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
- For the salad, mix extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar together in a large bowl, then add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and spinach leaves. Add salt and pepper and mix well. Serve chicken Parmigiana with salad.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 734
Keywords: chicken parmigiana, schnitzel