Chicken Parmigiana with Salad
In this recipe for homemade chicken parmigiana with salad, the parmigiana is first a schnitzel and then becomes a parmigiana once baked with passata sauce and tasty cheese or mozzarella cheese on top.
The result is a delicious and iconic pub meal that you can do at home.
A recipe for chicken parmigiana with salad.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup passata sauce
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cos lettuces, chopped
- 10 solanata tomatoes, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 60g spinach leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts on an angle into 1cm thick slices, then spread salt and pepper over each side.
- On a plate, put flour, then put eggs in a bowl and slightly beat them, then mix breadcrumbs with Italian herbs on a plate.
- Put a piece of chicken on the plate with flour and flip, covering it in flour, then cover that piece of chicken with the egg in the bowl with egg, then cover it in breadcrumbs by flipping it on the plate with breadcrumbs and pressing the breadcrumbs into it. Repeat for the rest of the chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium high heat, then in 2 batches cook half the chicken for 3 minutes on one side, then 3 – 4 minutes on the other side, or until browned. Transfer schnitzels to a wire rack with paper towel on it.
- Put schnitzels on a baking tray, top with passata sauce, then tasty cheese and bake for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, mix extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar together in a large bowl, then add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and spinach leaves. Mix well, then serve chicken parmigiana with salad.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 734
Keywords: chicken parmigiana, schnitzel