A recipe for a tasty chicken risotto. Risotto has a lengthy stirring time for the rice to absorb all the liquids.
However, other than stirring for 20 minutes, this rich and creamy risotto is not difficult to make and has just 9 ingredients.
The chicken, onion and mushrooms are cooked in a frypan with most of the butter. Then they are transferred to a saucepan.
Meanwhile in another saucepan the stock is heated up and left to simmer away.
The rice is added to the saucepan with the chicken, onion, mushrooms and butter and cooked for two minutes so that the rice combines with the butter.
The wine and then chicken stock is slowly added while stirring over 20 minutes.
While cooking, stirring enough will ensure the bottom of the saucepan doesn’t burn.
Finish the dish by removing from heat and adding parmesan and remaining butter, then serve with parsley, optionally.
A recipe for chicken risotto.
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 100g butter
- 500g chicken thigh, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g mushroom cups chopped
- 400g Arborio rice
- 100ml white wine
- 40g fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- 3 tsp parsley, optionally
- In a large frypan, heat 80g of the butter over medium heat, then add chicken, onion and mushrooms, and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a litre of chicken stock to the boil in a saucepan, then let simmer.
- Transfer the chicken, onions and mushrooms to another large saucepan. Add the rice to the saucepan and let it combine with the butter, stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the wine to the rice one ladle full at a time, stirring often as the rice absorbs the liquid. Repeat with the stock that has been simmering, over a total of 20 minutes or until all the liquids have been absorbed.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, stir in the remaining butter and permesan. Serve, with parsely on the top, optionally.
Serving with parsley sprinkled on top of risotto is optional.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 871
Keywords: chicken, risotto