Servings: 4 | Prep time: 8 mins | Cook time: 27 mins | Total: 35 mins
Well worth the lengthy time of stirring it takes for the rice to absorb the liquids for this tasty chicken risotto recipe.
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 100g butter
- 500g chicken thigh, chopped
- 400g Arborio rice
- 200g mushroom cups chopped
- 100ml white wine
- 40g fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- In a saucepan, bring chicken stock to the boil, then let simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat 4 tbsp butter over medium heat, then add chicken, onion and mushrooms and cook stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the saucepan to combine with the butter, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the wine to the rice one ladle full at a time, stirring often as the rice absorbs the liquid. Repeat with the stock, for a total of 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining butter and Parmesan, then serve.