Chicken Strips with Tangy Couscous Salad
A recipe for grilled chicken tenderloins with tangy couscous and chickpea salad. The salad is very filling in this recipe, thanks to the couscous and chickpeas, which are also very healthy.
It’s a tangy dish, due to the lemon, lime and the half to whole Japanese salty and sour Umeboshi plum used in the salad.
The salad dressing ingredients, including the Umeboshi plum, are all prepared by being processed in a blender.
A recipe for chicken strips with tangy couscous salad.
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 30ml lime juice
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 100g chickpeas
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 60g rocket leaves
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 or for more salty and sour 1 whole Umeboshi plum
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- Put chicken in a container and cover with olive oil, 30ml of lemon juice and lime juice, garlic paste and sea salt and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Prepare the salad by pouring 1/2 cup of boiling water in a large bowl, then adding couscous, chickpeas, turmeric and sea salt and then mix, then let sit for 4 minutes to cool down.
- Add avocado, rocket, lime zest and pepitas to the mixture and mix.
- Make the salad dressing by adding hulled tahini, lemon juice, parsley, honey, umeboshi plum and ginger paste in a blender and process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the couscous and chickpea salad, then mix and serve salad with chicken.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 1236
Keywords: chicken strips, tagy couscous salad, couscous salad