Quick Steak Salad
Servings: 6 | Prep time: 9 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total: 29 mins
This recipe for steak salad goes great with porterhouse steak, or other beef such as rump. The dressing for the salad is a quick vinaigrette that’s tangy but tasty.
- 500gm porterhouse steak
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 cos lettuces, coarsely chopped
- 100g grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 100g pitted olives
- Season the steak to taste with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frypan, then cook whole steak over a high heat for 2 minutes, turn, reduce heat and cook for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for 4 minutes longer. Rest for 8 minutes to let cool down.
- Stir remaining oil, the white wine vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Combine red onion, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mini cucumber, and olives in a large bowl. Slice steak and add to the bowl.
- Add dressing to salad, sprinkle sea salt over, toss and serve.