Quick Steak Salad
Servings: 6 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 23 mins | Total: 28 mins
This quick salad is delicious with porterhouse, or other beef such as rump.
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 500gm porterhouse steak
- 1/2 a cos lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 100g grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 150g pitted olives
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frypan over high heat. Cook whole steak for 2 minutes, turn, reduce heat and cook for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for 4 minutes longer. Let rest for 8 minutes.
- Stir remaining oil, white wine vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Combine red onion, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mini cucumber, and olives in a large bowl. Slice steak and add to the bowl.
- Add dressing to salad, toss and serve.