Quick Steak Salad
This quick steak salad with a tangy but tasty vinaigrette dressing goes great with porterhouse steak as well as other beef such as rump.
A recipe for a quick steak salad.
- 500gm porterhouse steak
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cos lettuces, coarsely chopped
- 100g grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 100g pitted olives
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Season steak with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a fry pan over high heat, then cook the whole steak for 1 minute, turn, cook for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium low and cook for 4 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Let the steak rest for 8 minutes to cool down. In a small bowl, add remaining oil, white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard together and stir to make the vinaigrette dressing.
- Combine red onion, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mini cucumber, and olives in a large bowl. Slice steak into pieces and add to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle sea salt over, then toss and serve.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 360
Keywords: steak salad, quick salad