A recipe for cauliflower fritters.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 110g plain flour
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml vegetable oil
- Bring a saucepan with water to the boil, divide cauliflower up into small florets and place in a steamer above the saucepan and cook for 8 minutes or until they start to become soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a plate, drizzle over with extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, then let cool down.
- Meanwhile, to make the batter, in a medium sized bowl, sift in flour and stir in remaining sea salt. Add butter and 100ml warm water and stir until smooth. The batter should have a consistency similar to pancake batter or thickened cream. If it’s too thick, stir in more water and if it’s too thin stir in more sifted flour. Then stir in baking powder.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small to medium sized frypan over a medium heat on the stove. In 3 or 4 batches, cover each of the cauliflower florets completely in the batter, then transfer each to the frypan and fry in batches in oil for 7 minutes, or until they appear golden brown, turning occasionally
- Transfer fritters to a wire rack with paper towel on it to soak up excess oil, then serve.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 264
Keywords: cauliflower fritters, deep fried cauliflower