Fried Chicken Strips with Tartare Sauce
Servings: 8 | Prep time: 19 mins | Cook time: 11 mins | Total: 30 mins
If you’ve only had tartare sauce with the classic fish and chips with tartare sauce before, this recipe will be something knew. Simple fried chicken strips with a homemade tartare sauce, a great appetizer for 8 or more people.
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 pieces of chicken thigh
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 5 stuffed green olives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chive, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Rind of 1/4 lemon
- In a bowl, beat eggs, then spread flour out on a plate, then breadcrumbs on another plate. Cut chicken thighs longways into 2cm wide strips. First cover the strips in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs.
- In a large fry pan, heat oil, then on medium to high heat cook chicken strips in 2 batches for 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Let cooked chicken strips cool on paper towel.
- Make the tartare sauce, by putting mayonnaise, yoghurt, gherkin, green olives, garlic, chive, parsley and lemon rind in a bowl and mix.
- Serve chicken strips with tartare sauce.