A recipe for fried chicken strips with tartare sauce.
- 500g chicken thigh, with skin on
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 5 stuffed green olives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chive, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Rind of 1/3 lemon
- Cut the chicken thigh into 2cm wide strips, then season with Italian herbs and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread flour out on a plate, then in a bowl, beat the eggs, then spread breadcrumbs on a seperate plate. Cover the chicken strips in flour, followed by then egg and then breadcrumbs.
- In a medium sized fry pan, heat oil to 190°C or medium high heat, then fry chicken strips in 2 batches for 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Put cooked chicken strips down on paper towel, to soak up excess oil.
- Make the tartare sauce, by putting mayonnaise, yoghurt, gherkin, green olives, garlic, chive, parsley and lemon rind in a bowl and mix. Serve chicken strips with tartare sauce on the side.
Chicken thigh without skin can also be used.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 228
Keywords: fried chicken strips, fried chicken, chicken strips, tartare sauce, homemade tartare sauce