An appetizer for vegan garlic mushrooms, with toast, optionally.
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 200g oyster mushrooms, with 2cm trimmed
- 300g portabello mushrooms, sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 5 grams parsley, chopped
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices of toasted bread, optionally
- Put all the cut mushrooms on a baking tray or in a large bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice over them and mix.
- In a large frypan heat the oil over a medium high heat. Crush 4 of the garlic cloves and add them to the frypan. Add chilli, mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add wine and soy sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. Finely chop the remaining garlic and add it to the frypan with the parsley and cook, stirring for 1 minute, then serve with lemon zest on top and toasted bread on the side.
Other varieties of mushrooms that you prefer can be used instead in this recipe.
If you prefer hotter chillies, smaller hotter chillies can be used instead of a large red chilly.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 159
Keywords: vegan garlic mushrooms with toast, different variety garlic mushrooms