Servings: 4 | Prep time: 6 mins | Cook time: 35 mins | Total: 41 mins
A recipe for Prosciutto Frittata that is high in protein with 8 eggs used. While not as satisfying as the healthier prosciutto, bacon can be used as a substitute for the lower in fat and calorie prosciutto.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (50g) prosciutto, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 13 grape tomatoes, halved
- 200g mushroom cups, sliced
- 15g chives, cut into 3cm long pieces
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 210°C. In a large bowl whisk eggs and milk.
- Add prosciutto, tomato, mushrooms, chives, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix together.
- Using a piece of paper towel, line a baking pie dish with butter, then pour mixture in, top with cheese and bake for 40 minutes. Turn the heat up to 250°C and cook for a further 5 minutes, then serve.