A satisfying prosciutto frittata that is not only tasty, but has a protein hit, using 8 eggs in total.
The prosciutto in this recipe can be swapped with bacon if you prefer and this frittata is baked in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Other vegetables you have lying around can be used in this recipe, like zuchinni or cauliflower.
For zuchinni, simply chop and add to the whisked egg and milk mixture before mixing and baking.
To add sauteed cauliflower with garlic, first saute cauliflower in a frypan with garlic before adding it to the whisked egg and milk mixture.
The cauliflower should be cut into bite size florets, then heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a frypan, add a clove of garlic, finely chopped, then add the cauiflower and saute for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove garlic and cauliflower from the frypan and add to the whisked egg and milk mixture before mixing and baking.
A recipe for a prosciutto frittata.
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup (125g) prosciutto, chopped
- 13 grape tomatoes, halved
- 200g mushroom cups, sliced
- 15g chives, cut into 3cm long pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp butter
- ½ cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk eggs and milk.
- Add prosciutto, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, chives, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix.
- Using a piece of paper towel, line a baking pie dish with butter, then pour mixture in, top with cheese and bake for 40 minutes. Turn the heat up to 250°C and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 319
Keywords: prosciutto frittata, eggs, protein