Almond Fig Cake
A recipe for moist and fluffy almond fig cake that can be served after sitting for 10 minutes after being baked or later after being chilled. The figs in this recipe caramelize from baking and have a sweet taste.
A recipe for almond fig cake.
- 180g butter
- 150g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 45ml milk
- 120g almond meal
- 120g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 7 figs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, line a baking dish with 1 teaspoon of butter. Microwave the rest of the butter in a large bowl on high for 20 seconds to melt it, then add sugar and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture while continuing to stir, then continue to mix while adding the milk, then the almond meal, until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder in to the mixture and stir until well combined, then pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- First cut the stem off the figs, then cut each fig into 6 pieces. Slice between the fruit and peel, trying to retain as much flesh as possible. Discard the peel, then arrange the fig flesh on top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then let the cake sit for 10 minutes, then serve, or refrigerate and serve later.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 589
Keywords: almond fig cake, fig cake, caramelized figs