Almond Fig Cake
Servings: 6 | Prep time: 28 mins | Cook time: 50 mins | Total: 1 hour and 18 mins
A recipe for moist and fluffy almond fig cake that can be served when baked or after chilled. The figs in this recipe caramelize from baking and have a sweet taste.
- 180g butter
- 150g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 45ml milk
- 120g almond meal
- 120g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 7 figs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, line a baking dish with 1 teaspoon of butter, then microwave the rest of the butter on high for 20 seconds and then put it in a large bowl and add sugar and mix until combined.
- While continuing to stir slowly add eggs to the bowl, then milk, then almond meal, until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder in to the mixture and stir until well combined. Then pour mixture into baking dish.
- Remove the peel from figs by first cutting off the stems, then cutting each fig into 6 pieces, then slicing in between the fruit and peel. Discard the peel and arrange fig on top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then let the cake sit for 10 minutes or more, then serve or refrigerate and serve later.