A recipe for almond fig cake.
- 180g butter
- 150g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 45ml milk
- 120g almond meal
- 120g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 7 figs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, line a baking dish with 1 teaspoon of butter. Microwave the rest of the butter in a large bowl on high for 20 seconds to melt it, then add sugar and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture while continuing to stir, then continue to mix while adding the milk, then the almond meal, until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder in to the mixture and stir until well combined, then pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Remove the peel from figs by first cutting off the stems, then cutting each fig into 6 pieces, then slicing in between the fruit and peel. Discard the peel and arrange fig on top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then let the cake sit for 10 minutes or more, then serve or refrigerate and serve later.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 589
Keywords: almond fig cake, fig cake, caramelized figs