Banana and Cranberry Loaf
Servings: 6 – 10 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 1 hour and 40 mins | Total: 2 hours
A recipe for a delicious and moist banana and cranberry loaf, made with mixed nuts, cranberries and orange, a different take on the classic banana bread.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150g brown sugar
- 3 – 4 bananas, mashed
- 40g mixed nuts
- 60g dried cranberries
- 6 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 55g icing sugar
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar, bananas, mixed nuts and cranberries and mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then add orange juice and oil and mix. Add to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Grease a loaf tin with the butter, then line with baking paper and pour in the mixture and bake for an hour in the oven.
- Remove and let the loaf sit on a wire rack for 40 minutes or until cool.
- Sift the icing sugar in a bowl and stir in 1 tbsp water, then drizzle it over the loaf and top it with orange rind. Let icing set, then serve.