Banana and Cranberry Loaf
A recipe for a delicious and moist banana and cranberry loaf, made with mixed nuts, cranberries and orange, a different take on the classic banana bread.
As recommended in general, it’s a good idea to mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients seperately before mixing together and over ripe bananas go great as long as they are not too bruised in this recipe.
A recipe for banana and cranberry loaf.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150g brown sugar
- 3 – 4 bananas, mashed
- 40g mixed nuts
- 60g dried cranberries
- Juice from 1½ oranges
- 2 eggs
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 55g icing sugar
- Rind of 1 orange, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar, bananas, mixed nuts and cranberries and mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then add orange juice and oil and mix. Add to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Grease a loaf tin with the butter, then line with baking paper and pour in the mixture and bake for an hour in the oven.
- Remove and let the loaf sit on a wire rack for 40 minutes or until cool.
- Sift the icing sugar in a bowl and stir in 1 tbsp water, then drizzle it over the loaf and top it with orange rind. Let icing set, then serve.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 416
Keywords: banana loaf, cranberry, cranberries, orange, mixed nuts, loaf