A recipe for choc walnut brownies.
- 180g dark chocolate
- 125g unsalted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped into piece
- Preheat an oven to 170°C. Meanwhile, roughly break up the dark chocolate into pieces and put in a medium sized metal bowl, then cut the butter into pieces and add to the metal bowl. Simmer a saucepan a quarter full with water on the stove, then put the bowl on top of the saucepan and over a low heat melt both, stirring often. When melted let cool for 10 minutes.
- Put caster sugar and brown sugar in a large plastic bowl. Add chocolate and butter mixture and vanilla essence and mix with a stirring spoon.
- Add eggs to the bowl and mix in with the spoon, then sift flour in and add salt and mix with the spoon until smooth. Add walnuts and mix again for a further 30 seconds.
- Line a 20cm square baking pan with baking paper and pour the mixture in, then bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes to cool slightly, then cut into squares and let sit for a further 45 minutes to cool. Serve or serve after refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 350
Keywords: chocolate brownies, chocolate walnut brownies, choc brownies