Gluten Free Tofu Doughnuts
Servings: 8 | Prep time: 8 mins | Cook time: 27 mins | Total: 35 mins
This recipe for gluten free tofu doughnuts are different to traditional doughnuts and make a great dessert for 8 or more people.
- 300g gluten free flour
- 300g tofu
- 110g white sugar
- 10g baking powder
- 500ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Sift flour into a bowl, then add sugar and baking powder and mix together.
- Squish the tofu in your hands and add to the bowl while stirring it in. Then slowly stir in 60ml of water in the bowl, or enough until the mixture becomes gluey.
- Rub a little bit of oil on your hands, to avoid the mixture sticking, then roll the mixture into balls. Heat oil in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the doughnut balls to the oil and cook in three batches, for 9 minutes each, or until they become golden brown. Let them cool on paper towel each time a batch is cooked.
- Put doughnuts in a serving bowl or dish and sprinkle over with icing sugar. Put toothpicks in some of the doughnuts, optionally. Serve.