A recipe for gluten free tofu doughnuts.
- 300g gluten free flour
- 300g tofu
- 110g white sugar
- 10g baking powder
- 500ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Sift flour into a bowl, then add sugar and baking powder and mix together.
- Squish the tofu with your hands and mix while adding it to the bowl. Slowly add 60ml of water to the bowl while mixing. The mixture should be gluey, if not add more water until it is.
- Rub a little bit of oil on your hands, to avoid the mixture sticking, then roll the mixture into balls. Heat oil in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the doughnut balls in three batches to the oil. Cook each batch for 9 minutes, or until they become golden brown, rotating them occasionally. Let each batch cool on paper towel after cooked.
- Put the doughnuts in a serving bowl or dish and sprinkle over with icing sugar. You can optionally add toothpicks to some of the doughnuts, then serve.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 400
Keywords: tofu doughnuts, tofu donuts, gluten free