Triple Choc Cookies
I called these cookies triple choc cookies because dark chocolate, cocoa and chocolate chips are all ingredients used in this recipe.
These are great to eat straight after being baked and cooled on a wire rack or after being refrigerated in the following next few days.
A recipe for triple choc cookies.
- 180g dark chocolate
- 85g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 230g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 185g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, roughly break the dark chocolate into pieces, put in a large metal bowl, then cut the butter into pieces and add to the bowl. Place the bowl on a saucepan a quarter full of simmering water and heat for about 5 minutes, or until both are melted, stirring occasionally.
- Seperate the yolk from an egg. This can be done by washing your hands and then cracking an egg and catching it in a hand and then allowing the white to run through your fingers until you’re left with just the yolk.
- Put that egg yolk as well as the whole other egg in a large bowl. Add sugar, treacle and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix. Add chocolate and butter mixture and mix.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder in to the bowl and mix, until well combined, then add chocolate chips and mix to complete the cookie dough.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and scoop dollops of the cookie dough on the baking trays with about a 5cm gap in between them to give the cookies room to expand. Bake for 12 minutes, swapping trays half way through baking. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve or refrigerate and serve in the coming few days.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 450
Keywords: triple choc, chocolate cookies