A recipe for triple choc cookies.
- 180g dark chocolate
- 85g butter
- 2 eggs
- 230g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 185g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, roughly break the dark chocolate into pieces, put in a large metal bowl, then cut the butter into pieces and add to the bowl. Place the bowl on a saucepan a quarter full of simmering water and heat for about 5 minutes, or until both are melted, stirring occasionally.
- Seperate the yolk from one of the eggs. This can be done by washing your hands and then cracking an egg and catching it in a hand and then allowing the white to run through your fingers until you’re left with just the yolk.
- Put that egg yolk as well as the whole other egg yolk and white in a large bowl. Add sugar, treacle and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix. Add chocolate and butter mixture and mix.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder in to the bowl and mix, until well combined, then add chocolate chips and mix to complete the cookie dough.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and scoop dollops of the cookie dough on the baking trays with about a 5cm gap in between them to give the cookies room to expand. Bake for 12 minutes, swapping trays half way through baking. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve or refrigerate and serve in the coming few days.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 450
Keywords: triple choc, chocolate cookies