A recipe for chashu pork with bok choy and rice.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine also known as sake
- 800 grams pork belly skin off
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 bok choy
- In a container, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger paste, garlic paste, oyster sauce and rice wine. Put the pork in that container, cover it in the liquid, cover the container and leave it in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 215°C. Transfer pork from the container to a baking pan, keeping the liquid put aside. Put the pork in the oven and bake for 30 – 40 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook 2 cups of rice as per packet instructions. Make the sauce by putting the liquid put aside in a saucepan, putting it on the stove and bring to the boil, then let simmer while stirring and skimming the foam off the top occasionally, for 15 minutes or until it starts to get sticky.
- Seperate the leaves on the bok choy and clean under running water. Then heat oil in a wok over medium high heat, add bok choy and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add 4 tablespoons of water and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring often again. Serve pork belly with sauce, rice and bok choy.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 1460
Keywords: chashu pork, bok choy