Healthy Spaghetti Bolognaise
September 22, 2018
(Updated September 3rd, 2020)
A recipe for an irresistible classic, spaghetti bolognaise. Why not throw in butter beans, mushrooms and an entire medley of different vegetables to make it super healthy, too?
Considering the sauce with optional red wine bubbles away simmering for over half an hour, adding all the vegetables doesn’t take away from the taste that this spaghetti bolognaise has to offer.
The result is a wholesome and delicous meal.
A recipe for a healthy spaghetti bolognaise.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g mushroom cups, sliced
- 200g butter beans (half a can)
- 500ml beef stock
- 500ml pasta sauce
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup red wine (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- 500g packet of spaghetti
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add mince and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until mince is browned.
- Add capsicum, mushrooms, butter beans, beef stock, pasta sauce, crushed tomatoes and wine to fry pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 35 – 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large saucepan full of water to the boil. Stir in salt and cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. Serve the bolognaise sauce on spaghetti and top with cheese.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 601
Keywords: spaghetti bolognaise, spaghetti bolognese, pasta