A recipe for a healthy spaghetti bolognaise.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 400g beef mince
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200g mushroom cups, sliced
- 200g butter beans (half a can)
- 500ml beef stock
- 500ml pasta sauce
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup red wine (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- 500g packet of spaghetti
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add mince and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until mince is browned.
- Add capsicum, mushrooms, butter beans, beef stock, pasta sauce, crushed tomatoes and wine to fry pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 35 – 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large saucepan full of water to the boil. Stir in salt and cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. Serve the bolognaise sauce on spaghetti and top with cheese.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 601
Keywords: spaghetti bolognaise, spaghetti bolognese, pasta